If you aren't familiar with RSS, which I use for our News Feed then you probably don't know the benefits of this technology. News feeds allow you to take the news from many of the sites around the web and dump it all into one place that will notify you of changes. This means you can digests more information in less time and be more intentional about it. Sites that support news feeds vary from news paper and radio websites to personal blogs and political commentary sites and everything in between. In fact, podcasts also use this technology.
If you haven't started using this technology already, I recommend you start by signing up for an account at Bloglines. They are a free online service that handles tracking your news feeds.
Once you have an account with them, you will log in,
- Go to the "My Feeds" tab and click "Add"
- This will give you a form that you will simply paste the feed URL into
- To get the feed URL:
- right click on the orange XML in the lower left menu
- click "Copy Link Location"
- Right click in the box back at bloglines labeled "Blog or Feed URL"
- Click "Paste" and the text http://missions.ritchietribe.net/node/feed should appear in the box
- Then click "Subscribe"
You can follow these same directions to see and any news feed on the web to bloglines. This is a great way to have a program bring content to you. The news feeds I follow can be found here and you are welcome to watch them with me.