|Prep time||15 minutes|
This salad uses packet of oriental ramen noodles and is extremely flexible, easy to make, and a definite crowd pleaser! It's crunchy and tangy and sweet!
|1||bn||red leaf, romaine, or spring mix salad|
|1||pk||Oriental Ramen Noodles|
|1||c||chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds)|
|2||tbsp||butter or oil|
|1||pk||seasoning (comes with noodles)|
1. Wash and chop lettuce if using a head of red or green leaf or romaine.
2. Wash and slice strawberries.
3. Break up noodles into small pieces while still in package.
4. Combine crushed noodles and nuts and fry them in two tablespoons of butter or oil, over medium-high heat until lightly golden brown. (It's okay if the color isn't uniform, just try to avoid blackening them!)
5. In a separate container with lid combine the oil, vinegar, sugar and the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles. Shake or wisk together until well mixed.
6. Combine all ingredients including dressing and toss until well coated. Use care when adding the dressing, and only use enough to just coat the salad.
>>>You may also add or substitute a can of tangerine slices for the strawberries. The nuts are optional. I've used all types of lettuce and baby spinach with success (except iceberg). For a heartier meal, you may add grilled chicken.